SHS BLENDED LEARNING
What is Blended Learning?
Blended learning bridges both online and in-class education discussions, activities, and project-based assessments while utilizing critical thinking skills. This approach creates a dynamic learning environment catering to our student’s diverse needs and learning styles. Through Blended Learning, we provide an enriched option in their educational journey and equip them with the skills they need to thrive in an ever-evolving world.
Why Blended Learning
At Sheridan High School, our students are at the heart of everything we do. The blended learning educational option provides our students with various ways of collaborative learning, real-world experiences, time management skills, and independent responsibility.
What are the benefits of Blended Learning?
- Personalized Learning Experience
- Flexibility and Time Management Development
- Diverse Engagement and Interaction Experiences
- Preparation for Higher Education and Career Readiness
- Individualized Support and Remediation
2023 – 2024 SHS Blended Courses offered:
- Blended Fundamentals of Animal Sciences – Agriculture
- Teachers: Clay Christensen & Chaney Peterson
- Blended Next Level Internship – Family & Consumer Science
- Teacher: Heidi Richins
- Blended Literature Genres – English
- Teacher: Matt Pruitt
- Blended English 1010 – College English
- Teacher: Claire Gerber
- Blended AP Music Theory – Fine Arts Music
- Teacher: Ryan Walker
- Blended Chemistry – Science
- Teachers: Kelsey Ferguson & Chris Shaw
- Blended AP Biology – Science
- Teacher: Stephanie Penrose
- Blended AP Physics 2 – Science
- Teacher: Lyndsay Groteluschen