Meal Accounts and Pricing
District Meal Plans
Sheridan County School District #2 utilizes a meal plan that meets with federal requirements beginning in 2012-2013. Key points of this meal plan are:
- Students are required to take 1/2 cup of fruit or vegetables on their tray
- The amount of food and calories offered at each meal is based on three different age groups; grades K-5, 6-8 and 9-12
- Portion sizes and recipes are designed to meet the specific age groups
- All grains offered are whole grain rich
- Salad bars are offered daily to increase available varieties of fruits and vegetables
- Sodium content is reduced in recipes to meet the sodium limits
District Meal Prices
Meals at SCSD#2 schools are priced as a unit, and include 1 milk.
- Breakfast (PK-5): $0.00 (All Elementary grades are free)
- Breakfast (6-8): $1.75
- Breakfast (9-12): $2.00
- Lunch (K-5): $3.00
- Lunch (6-8): $3.50
- Lunch (9-12): $3.75
- Adult lunch: $5.50
Extra milk: $0.50
Meal Account Information
- How do students pay for their meals? Every student who goes through our cafeteria line will use a unique, Personal Identification Number (PIN) to access their account. Meals are paid for in advance. Parents have the option to add any denomination to the account for the purchase of both breakfast and lunch meals, a la Carte items (at the High School only) and extra milk. It is a convenient way to ensure that money is not lost or forgotten during that hectic morning rush!
- What is the PIN? Each student has been issued a unique, 4-5 digit PIN number. Please help them remember this number! It makes the line move faster and ensures that everyone has plenty of time to enjoy their meal. If they do happen to forget the number, the cashier will be able to find it for them. This number travels with them all the way to graduation day.
- How do I put money on the account? Using the Infinite Campus Parent Portal you can access the food service information and make an online payment. You’ll need either your student’s PIN number or their Student ID number to complete the simple registration process. Please note: online payments require 24 hours to process before your student can access the money. You can still send cash or a check to your school’s secretary to add it to the account. The money added to the account can be used to purchase breakfast or lunch meals AND a la Carte items (extra milk and other items where offered).
- Can I monitor what my student is purchasing? By accessing the Infinite Campus Parent Portal you can set up alerts, view the balance on the account, and monitor what is being purchased. Once you complete the simple registration process (you’ll need either your student’s PIN number or student ID number to get started) you can set up low balance alerts and monitor what they are purchasing.
You can forget about “use it or lose it”! Any money that is left on your child’s account will carry over from year to year.