Virtual Learning Update
The SCSD2 team has been working hard to develop plans for continuing student learning after spring break. Here are some key details for families:
- Virtual Learning: The district is moving forward with a virtual learning model after spring break. There will not be any students in our buildings. We know that there will be challenges with this new model and will work hard to problem-solve with families. We will continue with virtual learning until students are allowed to return to school.
- Calendar: Here is an overview of the next two weeks. This schedule has been approved by the Board of Trustees.
- March 23-27 – Spring Break
- Monday, March 30 – Teacher work day
- Tuesday, March 31 – Student/parent connection day
- Wednesday, April 1 – First day for district-wide virtual instruction
- Daily Schedule: Each school is developing a daily schedule for virtual learning. Schools will share schedules directly with families.
- Expectations: All students are expected to attend virtual learning sessions and complete assignments. Teachers will take attendance and track participation and assignment completion.
- Device Checkout: Parents may check out devices from schools on Friday, March 20, and Monday, March 30. If you have not already done so, please complete this technology survey to let your school know your device and internet needs. We recommend that families have a device on hand for each child.
- Home Internet: The district is working on options for families who cannot access internet service. We will be in touch, via email, with families who indicated a need on our technology survey.
- Tech Support: Each school offers on-staff tech support if you run into device issues. Click here for tech support contact information.
- School Counselors: School counselors are your first line of defense for challenges with attendance, virtual learning, and social/emotional wellbeing. The best way to make contact with the counselor is through email. Click here for counselor contact information.
- Parent Liaisons: Our Parent Liaison team is on the job to help families with any challenges that may arise. Click here for Parent Liaison contact information.
- Special Education, 504, EL: If your child receives special services through an IEP, 504 Plan, or English Learner Plan, case managers and/or counselors will contact families to provide support and establish services.
- Lunches: The district will continue to provide sack lunches to families in need. Stop by your school between 10:00 and 12:00 noon daily to pick up a lunch. Lunches will not be provided during spring break.
- Make Up Days: The district will not have to make up lost school days between March 16 and March 31.
Please know that the district stays in constant communication with the Wyoming Department of Education, Wyoming Department of Health, Sheridan County Health Officials, and the Sheridan County Incident Management Team. Our primary concern is always for the health and safety of our community and families. The CDC and local health officials advise parents to keep children at home and avoid gathering with friends.
For information on the local response, we encourage you to visit the Sheridan County website: https://www.sheridancounty.com/sheridan-county-coronavirus-preparedness/.