Sheridan County School District #2 > Sheridan Junior High News > SJHS/tWP 3.27.2020 Update
SJHS/tWP 3.27.2020 Update
Dear SJHS/tWP Parents and/or Guardians,
Thank you for all of your patience and understanding as we move forward in these uncertain times. The following are details specific to educating students and supporting families:
- Virtual Learning: The district is moving forward with a virtual learning model after spring break through at least April 3rd. There will not be any students physically present in buildings at this time. We are fully aware that there are limitations and challenges with the transition to virtual education.
- Calendar: Here is an overview of the next week. This schedule has been approved by the Board of Trustees.
- Monday, March 30 – Virtual teacher planning
- Tuesday, March 31 – Student/parent connection day
- Wednesday, April 1 – First day for district-wide virtual instruction
- Daily Schedule & Attendance: We are working to finalize our schedule and will send more details Monday, March 30.
- Assessments: The state assessments: WY-TOPP and WY-ALT have been cancelled. Schools will be providing short assessments through virtual learning throughout the spring.
- Chromebooks: If you need your student’s Chromebook, they will be handed out again at SJHS on Monday from 7:30 am to 1 pm. Home computers work fine as well.
Please know, the continued education of your student is very important to us. If you are having issues with Chromebooks and/or Internet access, please contact us at 672-9745.