The Wright Place Middle School
The fundamental purpose of The Wright Place Middle School is to ensure that ALL students LEARN.
The Wright Place Middle School is an alternative school which exists to provide educational opportunities for students for whom a non-traditional school setting may be more appropriate. These students may face academic or behavioral challenges for varying reasons, and feel overwhelmed by the sheer size of the regular junior high. The Wright Place’s smaller size and family atmosphere are better suited to meet the unique needs of these students and prepare them with the skills to achieve success.
Supporting Student Learning
- We build and maintain meaningful relationships with our students.
- We support the positive behavior of all students.
- We help students value their learning.
- We provide timely, systematic interventions and enrichments.
- We celebrate our student and staff successes.
- We clearly articulate high expectations for student learning.
- We engage parents, students, and fellow educators in all aspects of a child’s education.
Maintaining a Professional Culture
- We work collaboratively in all aspects of our profession.
- We value our own professional learning alongside that of our students.
- We make evidence-based decisions.
- We implement evidence-proven best practices and change our approach when the old way isn’t working.
- We make no excuses when students don’t learn.
- We go to the source with problems or concerns.
Habits for Academic and Citizen Success
tWP staff designates nine core factors that lead to student success, one for each month. We then use our Monday Mini Lesson twice each month to present the factor to students. Teachers make the month’s factor a major focus as they talk with students in class.
- September Organize
- October Grow Your Mindset
- November Own It
- December Do Quality Work
- January Grit
- February Persevere
- March Motivate
- April Stop, Think, Act
- May Be Curious