Highland Park Elementary School
The mission of Highland Park’s staff and community is to ensure high levels of learning for every student, every day. It is the vision of our educational community to ensure all individuals develop the desire, confidence, tools, and skills to achieve high levels of learning while reaching their highest potential in our ever-changing world. We will do make this happen by holding each other accountable and collectively committing to the following promises:
- I will establish strong, positive relationships with my students, colleagues, and families.
- I will look at student data immediately to help guide my decisions as well as my teams.
- I will collaborate with all staff for the betterment of our students.
- I will teach my students that mistakes are about overcoming obstacles and those mistakes don’t define them.
- I will continue to educate myself in order to reach the educational needs of my students.
- I will be open minded to new ideas and methods of teaching.
- I will regularly adapt, refine, and reflect upon my teaching practices to ensure each child succeeds.
- I will be mindful of what others are going through…some may be struggling more than I know.
- I will think and act in a positive manner when faced with adversity.
- I will celebrate success.
- I will strive to make learning fun.
- Christmas Concert: Thursday, December 21st at 9am and 1pm
- Christmas Break – No School: Monday, December 25th – Friday, January 5th
- Back to School: Monday, January 8th
- Teacher In-Service – No School: Friday, January 19th
- Parent/Teacher Conferences-Early Release: Thursday, February 22nd, No School: Friday, February 23rd
- Spring Break: March 12th-16th
- Good Friday – Early Release: Friday, March 30th
- Memorial Day – No School: Monday, May 28th
- Last Day of School: June 1st