Student performance at SJHS is perennially strong, as measured by PAWS, MAP, and building-level assessments. In Reading, Writing, and Math, SJHS students outperform the state average each school year at all grade levels and often lead the state, especially when compared to similar-sized schools. MAP reveals that our students grow at a rate far above the national norm group in Reading, Language Usage, and Math at all three grade levels. Finally, in most content areas, around 95% of our students show proficiency as measured by building-level assessments.
On recent state-level assessments, the 6th, 7th and 8th grade students of Sheridan Junior High School posted another year of above-average scores in reading and mathematics, according to the Most Recent PAWS Results.
A summary of 2015 testing performance is is presented below:
- 75% of 6th graders tested proficient or above (State average 57%)
- 74% of 7th graders tested proficient or above (State average 57%)
- 75% of 8th graders test proficient or above (State average 52%)
- 66% of 6th graders tested proficient and above (State average 49%)
- 62% of 7th graders tested proficient and above (State average 43%)
- 69% of 8th graders tested proficient and above (State average 47%)