Press Release for Football Spectators
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – August 25, 2020
(307) 672 – 2495 ext. 3106 | don.julian@scsd2.
SHERIDAN HIGH SCHOOL ANNOUNCES
SPECTATOR PLAN FOR FOOTBALL SEASON
Sheridan, WYO (August 25, 2020) — Sheridan High School has worked within the guidelines provided by the Wyoming High School Activities Association to design a spectator plan for Sheridan Bronc Football. SHS Activities Director Don Julian has worked collaboratively with Sheridan County Heath and the WHSAA over the summer to organize safe programs for student-athletes. The next phase of the plan involves welcoming fans to athletic venues in a safe manner.
“Our first priority is safety,” said Julian. “We want to keep our student-athletes, their families, our coaching staff, and the public safe. It is very important that we provide opportunities for students to get back onto the field, the court, the stage, and other areas of passion. But we have to do it safely.”
The SHS activities teach is currently working on spectator plans for other activities, including volleyball, girls swimming and diving, and concerts. These plans will be communicated to the public as they are finished. All plans align with the district’s Smart Start Plan and the regulations established by the WHSAA.
HOME FOOTBALL GAMES: Spectator capacity – 1000 people
1. Families of participants
2. Student Body and Staff
3. General Admission
4. Visiting team will receive 100 tickets
Ticket Process for Home Game Week
1. Monday through Wednesday – create ticket list for priorities 1 and 2 above.
2. Wednesday – Receive list of 100 fans from visiting team.
3. Thursday through Friday – Sell general admission tickets online through the WYO Theater at http://wyotheater.com/. Tickets will go on sale at 12 noon on Thursday. Tickets will be sold until the stadium capacity has been met. Processing fee of $3.00 per ticket. Please print your ticket and bring it to the game for admission.
1. All tickets will include three COVID-19 screening questions that you must fill out and bring to the game for admittance.
2. General Admission tickets must be printed after purchase and used for game admittance. The three COVID-19 questions on the ticket must be filled out prior to admittance.
3. Family tickets will be given to the participants to take home.
4. Student and staff tickets will be distributed as SHS.
5. All in attendance are required to wear masks to enter and must keep masks on for the duration of the contest. Masks will NOT be provided.
6. Spectators are encouraged to sit in family groups and social distance.
7. Concessions will NOT be sold.
8. There will be no charge for admission this fall.
9. Team will leave immediately following the game.
10. All our home games will be streamed for free on the NFHS Network https://www.nfhsnetwork.com/
Lower level home games (Frosh, Soph, JV)
1. No tickets are required.
2. All in attendance are required to wear masks to enter, and must keep masks on for the duration of the contest. Masks will NOT be provided.
3. Spectators are encouraged to sit in family groups and social distance.
4. Teams will leave the field immediately following the game.
5. All our home games will be streamed for free on the NFHS Network https://www.nfhsnetwork.com/
AWAY VARSITY FOOTBALL GAMES:
Tickets for away varsity games will be prioritized for family members. For more information on away tickets, contact the SHS Activities office. Currently we are only allowed 100 tickets for away games.