Letter From Principal – 4/6/2020
Hello Henry A. Coffeen Families,
What an incredible week we had with our new online learning platform. I appreciate the ongoing support and guidance you have provided to our teachers and your children. I am thrilled to see the initiative and ownership your children are taking with their learning and the hard work they are putting forth to continue their learning via Zoom, SeeSaw, Google Classroom, and more. We will continue with the online learning “at least” through the end of April. As we continue to receive updates from the Wyoming Department of Health, we will be sure to share those updates with you, as well. Thank you for your continued patience and understanding!
Here are a few reminders on educating your child and additional support provided to our families:
- Virtual Learning: We will continue with the online learning “at least” through the end of April. If you are in need of any additional support, please work with your principal, Paige Sanders at firstname.lastname@example.org, school counselor, Carrie Cook at email@example.com, Kristine Gaskill at Kristine.Gaskill@scsd2.com or your child’s teacher Zoom Teacher Directory.
- We will continue with Breakfast and Lunch pick up at HAC from 10:30am-12:30pm daily (M-F).
- Food bags from our fabulous Food Group are available on Thursdays during breakfast and Lunch pick-up from 10:30am – 12:30pm.
- Live sessions – As a school, we will continue our daily morning meeting check-ins at 9:00am. In addition to the daily morning meeting, we will provide additional live sessions on occasion to review work from previous classes and provide support to students. These are valuable sessions to your child’s learning and how we take our daily attendance.
- School Counselor: Your school counselor is your first line of defense for challenges with attendance and social/emotional well-being. The best way to make contact with the counselor is through email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Parent Resources from our parent liaisons – Whitney Holst
- Tech Support: For families needing additional tech support, please contact your child’s teacher or our Media/Tech Specialist Kristine Gaskill through email at email@example.com
- Onsite tech support will be available Monday, Wednesday and Friday at HAC, during the breakfast and lunch pick up from 10:30am – 12:30pm. Parent Resources from the tech department
This continues to be a team effort to ensure your child is successful with our online learning platform. If there is anything we can do to help please don’t hesitate to email, message or zoom as we are all in this together.
If I can be of any help and support to you and your child or if you have any additional questions, please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks again for all you do.
Principal at Henry A. Coffeen Elementary