Sheridan County School District #2 > Story Elementary School > Story Services > Story School Meals > Story Meal Plans
Sheridan County School District #2 utilizes the New Meal pattern that meets with federal requirements for the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act 2010. Key points of this meal plan are:
- Students will take 1/2 cup of fruit, vegetables or combination of fruit & vegetables on their tray.
- The amount of food and calories offered at each meal is based on three different age groups; grades K-5, 6-8 and 9-12
- Portion sizes and recipes are designed to meet the specific age groups
- All grains offered are whole grain rich
- Salad bars are offered daily to increase available varieties of fruits and vegetables
- Sodium content is reduced in recipes to meet the sodium limits