Sheridan County School District #2 > District Services > District Student Meals Account Information
Please be sure to join us every day for a delicious, nourishing breakfast and lunch. We have been busy making your school cafeteria hi-tech and better than ever. Here are some things that we think you need to know to enhance your cafeteria experience.
- How do students pay for their meals? Every student who goes through our cafeteria line will use a unique, Personal Identification Number (PIN) to access their account. Meals are paid for in advance. Parents have the option to add any denomination to the account for the purchase of both breakfast and lunch meals, a la Carte items (at the High School only) and extra milk. It is a convenient way to ensure that money is not lost or forgotten during that hectic morning rush!
- What is the PIN? Each student has been issued a unique, 4 digit PIN number. Please help them remember this number! It makes the line move faster and ensures that everyone has plenty of time to enjoy their meal. If they do happen to forget the number, the cashier will be able to find it for them. This number travels with them all the way to graduation day.
- How do I put money on the account?
- Using the Infinite Campus Parent Portal you can access the food service information and make an online payment. You’ll need either your student’s PIN number or their Student ID number to complete the simple registration process. Please note: online payments require 24 hours to process before your student can access the money.
- You can still send cash or a check to your school’s secretary to add it to the account.
- The money added to the account can be used to purchase breakfast or lunch meals AND a la Carte items (extra milk and other items where offered).
- Can I monitor what my student is purchasing? Sure! By accessing the Infinite Campus Parent Portal you can set up alerts, view the balance on the account, and monitor what is being purchased. Once you complete the simple registration process (you’ll need either your student’s PIN number or student ID number to get started) you can set up low balance alerts and monitor what they are purchasing.
- You can forget about “use it or lose it”! Any money that is left on your child’s account will carry over from year to year.