2020-2021 WINTER EVENT PROTOCOLS
In accordance with the current Wyoming Public Health orders and Wyoming High School Activities Association considerations pertaining to school activities, Sheridan County School District No. 2 will adhere to the guidelines below for activities during the winter season.
Spectators will be limited to 100 total spectators or 25% of total capacity (whichever is less) at all indoor events/functions. Participants will be allotted a specific number of tickets to claim for spectators of their choosing to attend events. No general admission tickets will be available.
- Auditorium usage: Up to 100 spectators will be allowed. Ticket distribution will vary based on the activity taking place in the auditorium and will be communicated out by the activity office and/or sponsor.
- Basketball/Wrestling home events: Each home participant will be allotted 2 tickets per event they participate in; visiting participants will be allotted 2 tickets per event in which they participate in. Remaining unused tickets will be utilized for coaches’ families, student body, and staff. For events in the SHS Auxiliary gym, each home participant will be allotted 2 tickets per event in which they participate in. NO visitor tickets will be allotted due to capacity constraints in this venue.
- Swimming home events: Each home participant will be allotted 2 tickets per meet. No visitor tickets will be allotted.
- Indoor Track events: No spectators will be allowed until the state meet.
- Streaming/Recording of events will be utilized whenever possible and made available for viewing.
- Masks must be worn at all times by spectators, event staff, coaches/sponsors, and nonparticipating team personnel in the building in which the vent is taking place. The mask requirement will be strictly enforced.
- Concessions will not be available at any event. No food or drink of any kind will be allowed in the gym, aquatic center, or auditorium for spectators.
- Facilities will be cleared between each event to sanitize and for re-entrance purposes when multiple events are scheduled back to back.
- Multiple announcements/reminders will be made to remind fans to wear their face coverings and to exit the facilities when the events are finished.
- Fans will be asked to leave the facility immediately following an event to assist in cleanup and alleviate congregation of spectators and participants.
- No visiting team cheerleaders or band will be permitted.
- Spectators will not be allowed in team camps or on team benches.
- A list of visiting spectators may be requested by the SHS office a day before the competition is played depending on the event.
- All non-participating players/personnel must sit in designated team areas behind their designated bench area with masks on.
- Bench personnel and players must be masked while on the bench.
- Players/coaches are expected to wear masks during team huddles.
- Boys State Swimming and State Indoor Track information will be released later as a WHSAA information packet.
- Spectators shall leave the venue immediately after the contests. No congregating in the building, gymnasiums, commons, exists or in the parking lot before, during, or after events.
- Event programs will be available by scanning a QR code or in some cases as hard copies.
- All events staff will be screened prior to the event starting.
- Visiting teams must provide their own water coolers. Please see training room protocols.
When participating in events on the road, the SCSD2 activities office will communicate with coaches, parents, and participants concerning and restrictions that the host site may have regarding participants and spectators.
As changes are made to the Wyoming statewide public health orders and WHSAA considerations, SCSD2 will adapt this plan and communicate any changes to participant and spectator guidelines through various media outlets.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we continue to offer quality activities to the students of Sheridan County School District No. 2. If you have any questions, please contact the activities offices of the campus in question.