SJHS/tWP Back to School Information 2018-19
New Student Registration Registration for students new to the district is scheduled for Monday, August 13, and Tuesday, August 14, from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm. This registration will take place at 500 Lewis Street for any new 6 th through 8 th grade students. Students who attended a Sheridan District 2 school last year are already registered. If you have any questions, please contact the Guidance Office at 672-9745, ext. 7118.
Orientation is an opportunity for SJHS/tWP students and parents to pick up schedules, open lunch accounts, tour the school, meet counselors, find classrooms, obtain locker and combination, and complete paperwork. BOTH parents and students are requested to attend this orientation on the following dates:
- 8th Graders: Wednesday, August 15 – 9:00 am – 3:00 pm (drop in)
- 7th Graders: Thursday, August 16 – 9:00 am – 3:00 pm (drop in)
- 6th Graders: Friday, August 17 ● Students: 8:30 am – 12:00 pm ● Parents: 11:00 am – 12:00 pm
Back to School Night
SJHS/tWP will be hosting Back to School Night the evening of Thursday, August 30, beginning at 6:15 pm. Parents and students will meet teachers and experience all seven classes during an abbreviated daily class schedule.
Beginning Monday, August 13, students/parents may begin setting up lunch accounts. Since breakfast and lunch will be served on the first day of school, it is very helpful to have accounts established in advance. Students may also bring a cold lunch or money to add to their lunch account at any time during the year. Breakfast cost is $1.25; lunch cost is $2.75.
A Parent Consent form for each sport and a current sports physical must be completed and turned in before students may participate in sports.
- Volleyball 7 – First Practice: Monday, August 20, 3:30 pm – New Gym
- Volleyball 8 – First Practice: Monday, August 20, 3:30 pm – Old Gym
- Cross Country – First Practice: Monday, August 13, 3:30 pm – Track
- Football 7 – Gear Issue & First Practice: Monday, August 13, 8:00 am – SJHS
- Football 8 – Gear Issue: Tuesday, August 21, 3:00 pm – SJHS ○ First Practice: Wednesday, August 22, 3:30 pm – field
General Supply List
More specific supply information is available at our web site: www.scsd2.com.
● Pens (including red) ● Pencils ● Colored pencils or markers ● Loose leaf paper ● Binder ● Folders ● Earbuds (inexpensive)
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Online Registration Instructions
Online registration can be completed remotely from a computer at home or work; we will also have computers available for parents at the school during orientation (August 13-17). Here are the instructions:
For families new to the district:
- Online Registration will be done at SJHS during orientation (August 13-17).
For existing SCSD2 families:
- Beginning Monday, August 13, log into your Parent Portal Account at http://www.scsd2.com/academics/login-portals/infinite-campus-parent-portal/
If you do not have a Parent Portal Account, please set one up by going to our website, www.scsd2.com, and following these links:
Parents → Infinite Campus → Link: request an account
Or just type the following into your web browser:
- Click on the “online registration” link toward the bottom of the page.
- Update your household and contact information. It is essential that we have up-to-date information in case of emergency.
- You can also register new students via the portal link. (Example: A family with a 4th grade student can register a new kindergarten student.)
- You will also be asked to agree/disagree or enter information into the following forms. Completion of
these forms is required for your child to begin school on August 28.
- WyIR Access Agreement
- Health Services – Emergency Information and medical conditions
- Media Release Agreement
- Field Trip Release Agreement
- Technology Use Agreement
- Authorization for Administration of Over-the-Counter Medication & Release of Liability
- Student Handbook receipt acknowledgement
Free and Reduced Meal Applications (FRAM) online:
- You can now apply for Free and Reduced meals thru the parent portal (this is separate thru the portal).
- All parents will find a FRAM: Meal Benefits Application in their portal index under “Applications/Forms”.
- You can complete a paper form at orientation as well.
Q – What if I don’t have internet access?
A – Easy. Just stop by the school anytime beginning August 15 between 9 am and 3 pm. We will help you with the process. The best time would be during your child’s scheduled Orientation day.
Q – What if I’m not great with computers?
A – Again, easy. Stop by the school office to complete a paper registration form or for assistance with the online registration process.