SHS BACK TO SCHOOL INFORMATION
Registration will be completed online through the Infinite Campus Parent Portal. (Note: Access to this feature will be available beginning Monday, August 8th)
If you do not have a Parent Portal Account, please request one up by following this link: Request An Account.
Current users will select Access_the_Portal, click on the Online Registration link, and follow the prompts.
Please verify and update, if necessary, your email address. This is the quickest and least intrusive method for a teacher to contact a parent, and/or guardian. To register your preferences, be sure to complete all online registration forms, including military and media release forms.
If your student is new to the district or you need computer access, we will have stations available during student check-in.
Sophomore, Junior, and Senior orientation:
Thursday, August 18th from 8am-Noon and 1pm-3pm.
During this orientation students can:
- Pay student registration fee
- Check out a chromebook and charger
- Deposit money into their lunch account
- Order yearbooks
- Receive a parking pass
Freshman and new student orientation:
Monday, August 22nd, 12pm-1pm and 6pm-7pm.
- Student Fee – All Sheridan High School students will pay a $10.00 fee at the beginning of each school year during registration. This fee pays for a Student ID card, parking privileges and sticker, and free admission to most Sheridan High School sponsored home athletic events.
- Lunch Accounts may be opened at this time, or money added to existing accounts. Student breakfast is $1.50 per day, and student hot lunch costs are $3.00 per lunch, $15.00 a week, $60.00 per month, or $270.00 for 1st Semester, $225.00 for 2nd Semester, or $495.00 for the entire 2022-2023 school year. No cash will be accepted during lunch, so every student must have an account. Our lunch machine can track utilization of the account that can be viewed on Infinite Campus Parent Portal. Notices will be given by phone and email when accounts are near depletion, or at a negative balance.
- Yearbooks (optional), you may choose to purchase a Sheridan High School 2022-2023 Yearbook. The fee for the yearbook is $55.00. This price is for a limited time and WILL increase to $60.00 after 1st Semester.
- Military Opt-Out Form, 20 U.S.C. § 7908 requires the release of student names, addresses and telephone numbers to recruiters of the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, or any other division of the Armed Services. If you want your child’s name withheld from these lists, please be prepared to sign an Opt-out Form at Registration.
- SHS Activities/Athletics, in order for students to participate in activities, parents and/or guardians must sign up and fill out all participation paperwork through http://dragonflymax.com/forms/2AXMFV
(Note: All student athletes must provide a current sports physical, prior to participating in athletic events. Physicals may be uploaded into Dragonfly or a hard copy may be turned into the SHS Activities Office)
More Important Dates to mark on your calendar:
- August 7th Football/Tennis Parent Meeting at SHS Auditorium 4:00 pm
- August 8th Football/Golf/Tennis practices begin (Students must have physicals to practice)
- August 15th Volleyball/Cross Country/Girls Swim practices begin (Students must have physicals to practice)
- August 22nd 9th Grade & New Student Orientation 12:00-1:00pm OR 6:00-7:00pm
- August 22nd SHS Booster Club Fall BBQ 5:30pm
- August 30th First day of school at 8:20 am
- September 5th Labor Day, No School
- September 9th Homecoming
- September 13th School pictures
- September 23rd Mid quarter progress reports
- October 10th Teacher In-Service Day (no school)
- October 12th PSAT National Merit Qualifying Exam (Optional) for Sophomores and Juniors
- October 19th School picture Retakes
- November 2-3rd Parent Teacher Conferences: receive 1st report card
- November 28th Mid quarter progress reports
- January 16th Teacher In-Service Day (no school)
- January 20th End of Semester
- February 17th Mid quarter progress reports
- February 22-23rd Parent Teacher Conferences
- April 11th ACT Testing for Juniors
- April 11-May 5 WY-TOPP Testing for 9th and 10th graders
- TBA Prom
- April 28th Mid quarter progress reports
- May 22nd Senior Academic Honors Program in SHS Auditorium 6:00 pm
- May 26th Graduation practice 9:00am
- May 28th SHS Graduation Ceremony at 11:00am
- May 29th Memorial Day, No School
- June 2nd Last day of school
Please visit our website: https://www.scsd2.com/sheridan-high-school/ for additional information.