Sheridan County School District #2 > District Services > Special Programs > Special Programs – Grades 6-8
- 6th Grade Math Extensions uses challenging teacher researched and developed activities that extend the 6th grade curriculum, with a more concentrated emphasis on problem-solving and communicating mathematically. Read more about the Math Extensions program.
- Grades 6-8 Gifted and Talented Education (GATE) provides diverse and appropriate learning experiences and environments for enrichment and acceleration in the curriculum with an emphasis on critical and creative thinking skills. Read more about the Grades 6-8 GATE program.
- 8th Grade Accelerated Algebra offers the challenge and motivation of a faster pace in mathematics for higher achieving 8th grade students. Read more about the 8th Grade Accelerated Algebra program.
- 8th Grade Accelerated American History is an opportunity for students with advanced verbal and social studies skills to prepare for the greatest success in the AP level classes at the high school. Read more about the 8th Grade Accelerated American History program.
- 8th Grade Accelerated/Integrated Science has the challenge and motivation of compressing the 8th grade General Science and 9th Grade Integrated Science courses into a single school year. Read more about the 8th Grade Accelerated/Integrated Science program.
- Sheridan Junior High School Learning Lab provides individualized support for students in both reading math whose achievement is below the proficient level. The instructional techniques are customized according to the needs of each student, and include a variety of adaptive and instructional software, high interest literature (for reading) and direct instruction. Read more about the Sheridan Junior High School Learning Lab.