Sheridan Junior High School
The fundamental purpose of Sheridan Junior High School is to ensure that ALL students LEARN.
- Teacher In-Service – No School: Friday, January 19th
- Parent/Teacher Conferences-Early Release: Thursday, February 22nd
- No School: Friday, February 23rd
- Spring Break: March 12th-16th
- Good Friday – Early Release: Friday, March 30th
- Memorial Day – No School: Monday, May 28th
- Last Day of School: June 1st
Teachers at SJHS are at the top of their game due to weekly teacher collaboration and staff development built into our schedule. SJHS was recognized as a Professional Learning Community model school by Solution Tree and award winner of the Blue Ribbon School of Excellence. Our staff is truly the source of our success at SJHS, fostering excellence in our school through the following commitments:
Supporting Student Learning
- We build and maintain meaningful relationships with our students.
- We support the positive behavior of all students.
- We help students value their learning.
- We provide timely, systematic interventions and enrichments.
- We celebrate our student and staff successes.
- We clearly articulate high expectations for student learning.
- We engage parents, students, and fellow educators in all aspects of a child’s education.
Maintaining a Professional Culture
- We work collaboratively in all aspects of our profession.
- We value our own professional learning alongside that of our students.
- We make evidence-based decisions.
- We implement evidence-proven best practices and change our approach when the old way isn’t working.
- We make no excuses when students don’t learn.
- We go to the source with problems or concerns.